Sr. Administrative Assistant/Commercial Services & PlanningApply Job ID 2017-5027 Category Commercial Operations Job Location Redwood City, CA Posted Date 07/26/2017
Genomic Health is seeking a polished Sr. Administrative Assistant to support the Directors and staff of the Commercial Services & Planning Organization. This includes the following teams: Commercial Planning, Commercial Learning, Marketing Services and Managed Care. The position is based out of our Redwood City, CA corporate office and reports to the Sr. Director, Commercial Services & Planning. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized professional able to execute and multi task in an ever-changing environment. The candidate must demonstrate excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to represent GHI in a strong professional manner to internal/external stakeholders in a manner consistent with GHI culture (mutual respect, support and accountability). We are an organization firmly committed to premium customer service throughout all interactions.
Provide comprehensive administrative and logistical support in the following areas:
- Manage and organize calendars and appointments
- Provide Administrative Assistant support including phone, email, calendaring (including routine outlook requests, one-on-one schedules and departmental meetings).
- Coordinates travel and expense report management including all travel logistics for, domestic/international flights, hotel accommodations, transportation, and agenda/logistical details
- Become single point of contact for all administrative support and respond to communications from internal stakeholders and outside contacts such as physicians/clients, consultants and other collaborators, and companies
- Coordinate all aspects of administrative support for the Commercial Services and Planning Teams including materials, event/meeting support as well as individual initiatives or projects as assigned
- Establish and maintain filing systems and documentation
- Create and/or Edit documents such as PowerPoint, Word or Excel
- Organize Meetings/events as assigned: provide onsite/offsite support as needed such as set-up, technical, facilitation, meeting notes and recaps
- Prepare and track expense reimbursements/honorariums/ check requests
- Maintain confidentiality as it pertains to personnel, salaries, budgets and any sensitive matters at all times
- Assist with consulting and contracts, and speaker agreements, opening purchase orders and processing check requests
- Exhibit flexibility and interact closely with administrative support personnel across all GHI departments in a teamwork manner to provide functional backup for phone and/or calendaring support for other Administrative Assistants during vacation, sick days or other out of office needs.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills – excellent multi-tasker with attention to detail
- Ability to manage busy calendars and coordinate comprehensive travel arrangements on a U.S. and International basis
- Exhibit a positive teamwork attitude in all assignments and become a net contributor to overall morale
- A demonstrated self-starter with the ability to proactively exercise initiative in cases where decisions need to be made and supervisors are not available to consult, coupled with the tact and judgment to do so appropriately
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Applications such as Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal), exhibiting composure and confidentiality to coordinate complex personnel issues, schedules, travel and logistical support in and outside GHI
- Biotech or Life sciences industry a plus
- High School Diploma required, BA or BS (strongly preferred) or equivalent experience
- 2 years support experience reporting directly to Director level or above
- 3 years of additional administrative support experience with a strong track record and accessible references
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers, distributors and other customers as needed
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
- Resourceful, impeccable work ethic
- Willingness to travel a few times annually to provide administrative support at key meetings
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary
- Some lifting (greater than 25 pounds) may be necessary
- May be exposed to hazardous materials, tissue specimens and instruments with moving parts, lasers, heating and freezing elements, and high speed centrifugation
Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) is the world's leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address both the overtreatment and optimal treatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. With its Oncotype IQ™ Genomic Intelligence Platform, the company is applying its world-class scientific and commercial expertise and infrastructure to lead the translation of clinical and genomic big data into actionable results for treatment planning throughout the cancer patient journey, from diagnosis to treatment selection and monitoring. The Oncotype IQ portfolio of genomic tests and services currently consists of the company's flagship line of Oncotype DX gene expression tests that have been used to guide treatment decisions for more than 600,000 cancer patients worldwide. Genomic Health is expanding its test portfolio to include additional liquid and tissue-based tests. The company is based in Redwood City, California, with international headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information, please visit, www.GenomicHealth.com and follow the company on Twitter: @GenomicHealth, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We value our employees and consider them an integral part of our company’s growth and success. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees’ work life and personal life needs. To learn more about careers at Genomic Health visit: http://www.genomichealth.com/join_our_team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you want to be part of a team that prides itself in teamwork and developing cutting-edge technology at Genomic Health, apply today!