Program Management Associate DirectorApply Job ID 2016-4827 Category Program/Project Management Job Location Redwood City, CA Posted Date 03/07/2017
Genomic Health is the world's leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address both the over-treatment and optimal treatment of early-stage cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. We're in search of an extraordinary Program Manager to join our dynamic team.
Program Managers at Genomic Health manage cross-functional teams that are accountable for overall program success from concept to successful commercialization. Program Managers work with a phase gate product development process to ensure programs meet schedule, quality, scope, and cost targets. Program Managers work collaboratively with “Core Team” members from various functions (Product Management, Development, Clinical, and Commercial) to successfully drive new products to market. In this role you will work both independently and across functions, handle multiple projects in parallel, and communicate with all levels of the organization. This role is responsible both as a hands-on direct program manager for the reports and services portfolio and for line management of at least two direct reports.
- Manage cross functional product development teams through creation and execution of program plans
- Track, manage and communicate progress against project goals
- Continuously analyze and manage program risk
- Identify and facilitate tradeoff decisions to remove barriers to project success
- Use industry standard best practices for direct line management of at least 2 software project managers.
- Participate in improving program management practices, methods and tools
- BS/BA degree in Life Sciences, Computer Science or related discipline
- 12+ years of Program/Project Management experience in life science, healthcare or software industries, with 5+ years demonstrated success managing large, complex, cross functional software development programs.
- Excellent project and program management skills including scope, time, cost, quality, communication, and risk management
- Successful track record of bringing new products to market
- Experience managing product development projects under design control and in compliance with CLIA/LDT and/or FDA/IVD regulations
- Direct line management experience
- Interpersonal and facilitation skills- proven ability to effectively build relationships and achieve alignment across a wide range of functions and constituents
- Communication skills- Must be able to effectively communicate and influence at all levels of the organization including C level executives, technical and non-technical stakeholders, team members and functional managers
- Business Knowledge - Sound grasp of the key business drivers and considerations in the biotech, pharmaceutical, medical device and /or life science industries
- Leadership – ability to identify key issues, motivate and empower others to address them in a way which builds morale, generates ownership and commitment within the team
- Advanced degree in life sciences, software engineering, bioinformatics or related field
- PMP certification
- R&D experience in clinical diagnostics, pharma and/or oncology
Travel, Physical/Mental Demands and Work Environment:
Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) is the world's leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address both the overtreatment and optimal treatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. With its Oncotype IQ™ Genomic Intelligence Platform, the company is applying its world-class scientific and commercial expertise and infrastructure to lead the translation of clinical and genomic big data into actionable results for treatment planning throughout the cancer patient journey, from diagnosis to treatment selection and monitoring. The Oncotype IQ portfolio of genomic tests and services currently consists of the company's flagship line of Oncotype DX gene expression tests that have been used to guide treatment decisions for more than 600,000 cancer patients worldwide. Genomic Health is expanding its test portfolio to include additional liquid and tissue-based tests. The company is based in Redwood City, California, with international headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information, please visit, www.GenomicHealth.com and follow the company on Twitter: @GenomicHealth, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We value our employees and consider them an integral part of our company’s growth and success. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees’ work life and personal life needs.
To learn more about careers at Genomic Health visit: http://www.genomichealth.com/join_our_team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
About Information Technology
Our Information Technology (IT) team designs, deploys, and supports state-of-the-art systems solutions that enable every aspect of Genomic Health’s operations. We value a systematic, data-driven approach to understanding and meeting business needs in a cost-effective and timely manner. The team has a wide variety of responsibilities, including Infrastructure Services, DevOps, Enterprise Architecture, Software Engineering, Quality Engineering, Enterprise Business Applications, Support Services, and Security. As a member of this dynamic and collaborative team, you'll work to help architect, configure, and integrate cloud solutions, data warehouse and analytics frameworks, and next generation sequencing applications that have revolutionized the application of genomics to the development of advanced cancer diagnostic tools. Our IT team rewards innovation and development, and prides itself on always looking into the future of technology – all to facilitate the development and distribution of our Oncotype DX® genomic tests for personalizing cancer treatment decisions.
If you want to be part of a team that prides itself in teamwork and developing cutting-edge technology at Genomic Health, apply today!