Medical Director, Medical Affairs (Germany, Switzerland, Austria, and the Netherlands)Apply Job ID 2016-4782 Category Medical Job Location .., .. Posted Date 04/21/2017
The Medical Director will be responsible for medical affairs activities in Germany, Switzerland, Austria, and the Netherlands. It will include the support of collaborative and investigator initiated studies to support the development and commercialization of novel assays which lead to improved treatment decisions for oncology patients. It will also include providing medical information/education through scientific exchange to healthcare professionals and medical thought leaders in oncology and urology. Primary focus will be Germany and Switzerland, commensurate with established or anticipated reimbursement in these countries, but the role may also include support on a Pan-European level in collaboration with medical directors in other countries.
Reporting to the Vice President, International Medical Affairs who is located in California, this position requires professionals with established personal and scientific creditability to interact with thought leaders and centers of excellence.
- Manage medical science liaisons who provide medical education and clinical support to physicians and thought leaders, and support medical training to field commercial personnel.
- Identify local national/regional thought leaders in oncology and urology and establish/ maintain scientific relationships with them.
- Develop a national medical affairs strategy for the countries in which reimbursement has been secured or is anticipated
- Act as primary contact for investigators interested in developing and performing studies with the company’s commercially available assays in oncology and urology.
- Lead national/regional advisory boards to seek external advice.
- Provide clinical presentations and information in response to unsolicited questions (as appropriate) in academic, community, and healthcare provider setting in both group and one-on-one situations.
- Develop and execute plans in alignment with regional plans of action.
- Support investigator initiated and collaborative studies including study design discussions, protocol development, study operations, analysis, and preparation of abstracts and publications.
- Provide Scientific and Medical presentations and dossier reviews for regional and national reimbursement objectives.
- Provide scientific support at international and regional medical congresses.
- Provide scientific support for medical educational initiatives, including facilitating the development of faculty speakers.
- Provide medical review and edits for all German language medical, educational and promotional materials
- Assure compliance with relevant corporate and regulatory guidelines.
- Provide feedback and medical input to local commercial plans and strategies
- MD with industry experience from working in oncology in diagnostics, pharma, biotech, and/or medical devices (Highly experienced PharmD or PhD candidate may be acceptable)
- At least 3-5 years of industry experience.
- Entrepreneurial skill set, capable of working well in self-directed manner across small, cross-functional teams
- Therapeutic experience/expertise in oncology (breast cancer in particular) or diagnostics preferred.
- Preferably possesses an established relationship network of physicians involved in treating breast cancer in Germany
- Ability to travel 30-50%.
- Excellent German and English (written, oral) mandatory.
- Skills in multiple languages preferred.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Ability to independently deliver quality results in a timely manner
If you want to be part of a team that prides itself in teamwork and developing cutting-edge technology at Genomic Health, apply today!