Supervisor, Sales SupportApply Job ID 2017-5093 Category Customer Service/Accessioning Job Location Redwood City, CA Posted Date 09/16/2017
The Supervisor, Sales Support, is responsible for assisting the Manager with all operational, and administrative processes associated with the Sales Support Team at Genomic Health Inc. A primary responsibility of this position is to assist in developing a world class customer service department that is both focused and highly responsive to our customer needs. In additional the Supervisor must promulgate and enforce the customer service policies and procedures of GHI in a reference lab environment.
The Supervisor, Sales Support, will oversee the activities of the Sales Support Specialists; participate in the development and administration of customer service policies and procedures to ensure consistent, high quality customer service and satisfaction; troubleshoot and resolve non-routine customer complaints; resolve any problems with incoming test requests, delivery dates or service and monitor our customers (internal/external) to ensure world class customer service throughout.
- Work with the Manager in the development and implementation of a world class customer service model that is ahead of the curve, anticipates changes in customer needs, is prepared to expand quickly/efficiently and is consider the best in the industry
- Manage all sales related service and support activities, including responses to incoming phone and email inquiries and elevates critical issues to the attention of the Manager when needed. Ensure that all activities within the Customer Service group are being performed and documented within established SOPs and Customer Service best practices
- Responsible for the daily management of the Nortel ACD call management system; monitoring daily call flow, average speed to answer and abandonment rates. Provide real time feedback to staff and provide individual and department historical stats via Symposium Call Management Reports on an as needed basis
- Participate in Call Monitoring Program to ensure quality service is provided to all GHI customers and document performance of staff in the areas of courteousness, knowledge, efficiency, promptness
- Represent the customer service department in inter-departmental meetings such as weekly Ops, Pre-Post Analytical and GAP calls with Quadax as needed
- Assist with overflow calls & provide back-up support as necessary during staff vacations, training, and offsite activities
- Assist the Manager in the interview, selection and hiring of new staff. Responsible for coaching and training of the Customer Relations Specialists, conducting monthly 1:1s and fostering an environment of open communication
- Assists the Associate Director, Customer Service in the Performance Assessments of the customer service staff by providing thoughtful feedback, documented performance outcomes and insight into their development plan
- Work closely with the CS Management Team to develop efficiencies between all CS teams and ensure that SOPs and best practices are met daily
- Assist as needed in the Sales Training Program for new sales representatives
- Attend and support regional sales calls and meetings
- Department Planning: Assist the Manager in establishing workload levels consistent with needs of customers; recommend and grow the customer service department as needed
- Communication: Communicate regularly with Manager, peers, internal and external partners
- Collaboration: Works closely with Manager and peers to identify unique opportunities for attainment of corporate objectives. Regularly attends meetings to understand needs and communicate deliverables
- Personal Development Plan: Works with Manager to identify and execute a personal development plan to increase/enhance his/her performance level and overall contribution to GHI
- Compliance: Operates within all applicable regulations as well as all standard operating procedures provided by GHI
- Use of Resources: Knows the resources available to him/her and uses these appropriately to maximize the client and patient experience with the GHI services
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3+ years of customer service experience in a healthcare, or clinical reference laboratory preferred
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills
- Recognized by others, internally and externally, for strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Highly creative at identifying new and different ways to problem solve
- An excellent team player – highly effective in working with others
- Highly effective at overcoming obstacles – tenacious and resilient
- Demonstrated potential for solid supervisory skills with mid-level employees in a corporate environment
- Basic scientific aptitude that will allow rapid learning of new technologies and clinical data associated with GHI services
- A deep understanding of drivers of customer satisfaction and an overt willingness to be an internal champion at GHI for the company, patients, and health care providers
- Ease of working with internal and external groups in reinforcing policy as well as accepting of suggestions for improvement.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and public relations skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to track and manage multiple simultaneous tasks
- Strong organizational, prioritization skills
- Self-directed, able to operate independently
- Ability and desire to thrive in a high-pressure, technical client-services environment
- Significant knowledge of MS Office Suite, particularly MS Excel, and customer service systems are required
Genomic Health is a global provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address the overtreatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. Our goal is to improve the lives of people with cancer by providing personalized, biological information that helps them get the right treatment at the right time, and to avoid unnecessary treatments and their side effects. In this way, our work is truly life, changing.
- Our Oncotype IQ Genomic Intelligence Platform is a portfolio of diagnostic tests that help physicians and patients answer specific and critical treatment questions throughout the cancer journey
- We currently offer Oncotype tests addressing breast, colon, prostate and lung cancers and hundreds of thousands of patients from over 90 countries have benefited from our tests.
- The Oncotype DX breast cancer test is considered standard of care in the US and is included in all major international clinical guidelines for breast cancer treatment.
- We are expanding our portfolio of tests to include additional liquid- and tissue-based tests through clinical research and internal product development as well as strategic partnerships.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We embrace our unique culture characterized by our Core Values of Community, Truth Seeking, Being Ahead of the Curve and Winning to be the best in the world at what we do. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees’ work life and personal life needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you want to be part of a team that prides itself in teamwork and developing cutting-edge technology at Genomic Health, apply today!