Regional Oncogenomic Liaison - PittsburghApply Job ID 2017-5036 Category Sales Job Location Pittsburgh, PA Posted Date 09/16/2017
Genomic Health is looking to hire a motivated teammate to represent and sell its genomic test, Oncotype DX, for the Breast and Colon Oncology markets. As a Regional Oncogenomic Liaison (“ROL”), you will use your experience to establish relationships in target markets. You are responsible for cultivating existing opportunities, developing strategies to build sales pipeline, and executing on business plans. Your familiarity with genomic tests and/or experience working with Medical Oncologists, Breast Cancer Surgeons, and/or Pathologists is ideal as you are expected to clearly articulate the benefits of Oncotype DX.
Knowledge and Experience
- Complete training programs and successfully apply learned concepts and complexities associated with genomic testing and Oncotype DX
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of company products and services
- Work with Field-based Trainer to further product learning and Genomic Health’s culture
- Exhibit a general understanding of necessary disease state (Invasive Breast, Ductal Carcinoma In Situ, and Colon Cancer) and product knowledge (Oncotype DX)
- Understand market trends and their impact on product utilization
- Utilize technology and software applications to support business activities
- Resolve a range of issues in creative ways
- Share information critical to accomplishing GHI’s mission to transform treatment decisions and outcomes in cancer by delivering clinically actionable diagnostics and services
- Provide direct feedback to individuals and teams to support accurate decisions
Selling Skills and Performance
- Ask questions, listen, and understand customer needs to appropriately explain features and advantages of Oncotype DX, linking them to a specific problem and/or issue the customer experiences
- Develop new accounts and expand existing accounts
- Attend various national and regional sales meetings and professional conferences
- Formulating and executing peer to peer educational opportunities such as speaker programs, dinners, etc.
- Establish quality working relationships with internal teams such as Marketing, Medical Affairs, Managed Care, Customer Service, Strategic Accounts, and Sales Management
- Discover ways to emphasize areas of product strengths to address competition; communicate selling messages and convey data in an effective manner for Oncoytpe DX
- Familiar with potential competitive products, technologies, and territory and national activities; stay current on relevant clinical data
- Handle objections effectively through advice, persuasion, and available clinical data
- Understand and navigate our reimbursement landscape
- Develop a strategically targeted and account specific business plan, which measures sales and activities, includes contingency planning and stays within budget
- Exhibit business insight and ability to monitor and adjust plans to improve customer business performance to achieve desired goals
- Profile and prioritize top accounts in tiers
- Target physicians and influencers to actions that will result in patient access and utilization of our products by using technical fluency
- Build and maintain comprehensive relationships and develop key contact & account records
- Deep understanding of key territory-related clinical / political issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; 5+ years’ sales experience with a strong record of success promoting complex products; 3+ years Oncology experience preferred
- Experience selling to Medical Oncologists, Surgeons, or Pathologists with diagnostics and/or similar experience in selling/marketing products in complex Biotech products
- Experience with SFDC and WAVE Analytics is a plus
- Proven territory or account management skills
- Strong social, organizational and communication skills both written and oral; ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to interact and influence Key Opinion Leaders
Genomic Health is a global provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address the overtreatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. Our goal is to improve the lives of people with cancer by providing personalized, biological information that helps them get the right treatment at the right time, and to avoid unnecessary treatments and their side effects. In this way, our work is truly life, changing.
- Our Oncotype IQ Genomic Intelligence Platform is a portfolio of diagnostic tests that help physicians and patients answer specific and critical treatment questions throughout the cancer journey
- We currently offer Oncotype tests addressing breast, colon, prostate and lung cancers and hundreds of thousands of patients from over 90 countries have benefited from our tests.
- The Oncotype DX breast cancer test is considered standard of care in the US and is included in all major international clinical guidelines for breast cancer treatment.
- We are expanding our portfolio of tests to include additional liquid- and tissue-based tests through clinical research and internal product development as well as strategic partnerships.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We embrace our unique culture characterized by our Core Values of Community, Truth Seeking, Being Ahead of the Curve and Winning to be the best in the world at what we do. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees’ work life and personal life needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you want to be part of a team that prides itself in teamwork and developing cutting-edge technology at Genomic Health, apply today!