Sr. Business Systems AnalystApply Job ID 2017-5023 Category Information Technology Job Location Redwood City, CA Posted Date 07/26/2017
GHI is looking for a Sr. Systems Analyst with a strong background in the use of R&D IT tools and solutions development in cancer genomics and diagnostics industries. The candidate will work with Business Product Development, R&D and IT to assess systems and solution requirements, develop functional specifications, recommend and implement solutions, and maintain ownership. The candidate will be collaborating with the Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Data management, Medical affairs, Genomics laboratories and IT functions to provide expertise and guide decisions for R&D systems selection, implementation, configuration and integration to meet organizational needs. The ideal candidate would also lead projects, perform analysis, oversee execution and write documentation for variety of R&D related projects and new product’s development including such based on high throughput sequencing (NGS) platforms.
- Leads requirements gathering and analysis for complex systems/solutions development and deployment including genomics laboratory and data analysis workflows, working with R&D scientists and management. Coordinates the development of functional specifications and work with cross- functional IT and R&D teams for solutions’ User Acceptance Testing and delivery.
- Analyses key business needs and develops feasibility analysis, including level of effort estimates and ROI to guide business decisions.
- Assumes R&D systems ownership and is responsible for end-to-end life cycle management at systems level including design for flexibility, scalability and robustness. Performs predictive analysis to anticipate future system’s needs. This includes configuration, customization and vendor management of R&D COTS solutions, both on-prem and in the cloud.
- Develops and maintains strategic short- and long-term roadmaps for R&D systems, taking guidance from overall enterprise and business strategies and own domain expertise. Creates systems vision to guide decision making and projects execution that meets business needs
- Works closely with R&D to understand business process workflows, identify pain-points and inefficiencies and proactively propose solutions and tools, as well as conduct pilots and develop prototypes for early product development.
- Participate in enterprise architectural discussions to align R&D systems strategy with corporate IT Architecture Work with other IT Business analysts to recognize opportunities for leveraging common tools, infrastructure and solutions across functional areas.
- Prioritizes R&D issues, identify most critical needs and work toward providing solutions based on R&D and Translational Sciences portfolio and priorities.
- Manages the transition from exploration and development to validation and commercialization of new systems in support of companies new products
- S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or related science or engineering fields
- 8+ years of experience as a systems analyst and software developer
- Strong background in Systems and Business analysis is a required
- Extensive experience with laboratory workflows, process and LIMS (e.g. StarLIMS, Genologics, IDBS)
- Experience with R&D and Next Generation Sequencing COTS tools configuration and systems integration for laboratory workflows management and data analysis
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle Management and best practices
- Proficiency with the Unix/Linux operating system and scripting (Python, Ruby, Java)
- Experience in HIPAA, CLIA and CAP regulated environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills with ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical people (e.g., end-users)
- Proactive self-starter and ability to drive projects/tasks from inception to completion in a matrixed organization
- Experience in distributed computing on-prem or in the cloud (e.g. SGE, LSF, Hadoop)
- Understanding of statistical packages (SAS, R, Matlab)
- Experience with next-generation sequencing and pipeline tools (Galaxy,GATK, etc…)
- Experience with big data management and processing (Hadoop, MapReduce) and cloud development for IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) is the world's leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address both the overtreatment and optimal treatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. With its Oncotype IQ™ Genomic Intelligence Platform, the company is applying its world-class scientific and commercial expertise and infrastructure to lead the translation of clinical and genomic big data into actionable results for treatment planning throughout the cancer patient journey, from diagnosis to treatment selection and monitoring. The Oncotype IQ portfolio of genomic tests and services currently consists of the company's flagship line of Oncotype DX gene expression tests that have been used to guide treatment decisions for more than 600,000 cancer patients worldwide. Genomic Health is expanding its test portfolio to include additional liquid and tissue-based tests. The company is based in Redwood City, California, with international headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information, please visit, www.GenomicHealth.com and follow the company on Twitter: @GenomicHealth, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We value our employees and consider them an integral part of our company’s growth and success. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees’ work life and personal life needs.
To learn more about careers at Genomic Health visit: http://www.genomichealth.com/join_our_team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you want to be part of a team that prides itself in teamwork and developing cutting-edge technology at Genomic Health, apply today!