Business Analyst – Sales & Sales Operations (Temporary)Apply Job ID 2017-5021 Category Corporate Functions Job Location Redwood City, CA Posted Date 07/26/2017
The Business Analyst will be directly responsible for designing and optimizing analytical tools and business processes for Genomic Health’s commercial operations. He/she will act as the interface between business units and technology teams, and will provide support through all phases of the project life cycle. This position reports to the Associate Director of Commercial Business Analysis.
As this position will be initially focused on creating and optimizing sales force automation (SFA) tools for domestic and international sales teams, the ideal candidate will have previous experience working with and supporting sales operations and sales teams, preferably on the salesforce.com (SFDC) platform. Other areas of focus may include development of tools and analytics for our Contract Management and Finance departments; experience in these areas would be preferable.
- Elicit and document business requirements for a series of projects related to sales force automation (including segmentation and key account management), analytics, and contract management.
- Identify and assess the impact to other business stakeholders.
- Working with SFDC administrator and other developers, propose solution design options which meet the needs of business stakeholders, maximize out of the box functionality, and enable flexibility and scale over time.
- Obtain input needed to prioritize the sprint backlog. Provide creative stop-gap solutions when needed.
- Communicate requirements, solution options, and trade-off decisions to business and technical stakeholders.
- Provide testing support to ensure the solution meets expectations.
- Serve as frontline support in troubleshooting process and system issues, as needed.
- Education and Experience
- BS/MS in Science, Engineering, or similar field
- 5 – 8 years in working in Commercial Operations, at least 1 of which involved business analysis, process development, or project management.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Quickly develops a detailed understanding of the data, processes and systems utilized by the business area
- Works with team members to negotiate project timeline and scope to make best use of resources
- Overcomes challenges to move projects forward
- Excellent team player, demonstrating strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) is the world's leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address both the overtreatment and optimal treatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. With its Oncotype IQ™ Genomic Intelligence Platform, the company is applying its world-class scientific and commercial expertise and infrastructure to lead the translation of clinical and genomic big data into actionable results for treatment planning throughout the cancer patient journey, from diagnosis to treatment selection and monitoring. The Oncotype IQ portfolio of genomic tests and services currently consists of the company's flagship line of Oncotype DX gene expression tests that have been used to guide treatment decisions for more than 600,000 cancer patients worldwide. Genomic Health is expanding its test portfolio to include additional liquid and tissue-based tests. The company is based in Redwood City, California, with international headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information, please visit, www.GenomicHealth.com and follow the company on Twitter: @GenomicHealth, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We value our employees and consider them an integral part of our company’s growth and success. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees’ work life and personal life needs.
To learn more about careers at Genomic Health visit: http://www.genomichealth.com/join_our_team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you want to be part of a team that prides itself in teamwork and developing cutting-edge technology at Genomic Health, apply today!