Sales and Marketing Coordinator, US OncologyApply Job ID 2017-4962 Category Commercial Operations Job Location .., .. Posted Date 06/24/2017
As an Sales and Marketing Coordinator, Oncology Sales and Marketing, you are directly responsible for providing both comprehensive administrative and logistical support and project management and coordination for various programs and deliverables for the Oncology Cancer Sales and Marketing teams. You will directly support the Vice President, Oncology Sales & Marketing as well as between four to six direct level professionals.
You will handle the department schedules, plan and monitor travel arrangements, coordinate meetings, prepare expense reports, and establish systems for tracking major task timelines via MS Outlook for deadlines required by the team. There will be an emphasis on development of presentations (using Powerpoint) as well as development of Excel spreadsheets for supporting business review projects. You will coordinate the marketing team’s weekly staff meeting and will provide support to attain individual and team department goals.
You will also handle various marketing projects during different stages of completion as well as support marketing programs and marketing advisory boards. You will need to have excellent planning skills, contract management, project management, vendor collaborations, timely and clear internal communications, project budgeting and limited travel as needed. To be successful in this position, you have excellent attention to detail and the ability to carry out multiple tasks in parallel.
Given the extensive contact the Marketing Department has with multiple internal and external parties, strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills are essential. You should should enjoy working in an ever-changing, dynamic office environment and maintain composure and poise in sometimes-hectic situations. To support departmental activities, you will convey internal and external requests on a regular basis. Most importantly, you are able to maintain professional, friendly and courteous telephone and written communications with all audiences.
- Provide comprehensive administrative and logistical support for breast and colon marketing group
- Support various marketing projects during various stages of completion
- Support marketing team through development of presentations for business reviews and sales meetings
- Administer departmental personnel files/reports in on-line system
- Maintain tickler system to anticipate future activities and ensure effective, long-range planning
- Manage accounting and financial transactions including, but not limited to: purchase orders, invoices, check requests, expense accounting (including currency exchange/conversion), and statement reconciliation
- Monitor monthly budget and financial statements for accuracy, research and monitor correction of financial statement errors
- Coordinate completion and administration of vendor, consulting, confidentiality, fee-for-service and other agreements with Legal, Accounting/Purchasing departments
- Conduct routine office administration activities including, but not limited to: departmental document filing and retention, copying and distribution, attendance, supplies, departmental telephone coverage, business machine maintenance, internal and external correspondence and mailings, personnel administrative processes and filing, subscriptions and publications and coverage of customer service phones in emergency situations as determined by the VP of Marketing
- Schedule and coordinate domestic travel
- Marketing will coordinate many meetings and programs with internal and external customers and consultants. Support of these activities is critical.
- Coordinate activities with outside vendors. Coordinate contracting, honorarium, and expense payment activities. As appropriate, provide onsite support at meetings such as set-up, technical, facilitation, meeting notes and recaps when needed.
- Convey verbal & written requests and other information to internal and external parties on a routine basis
- As requested, prepare departmental memoranda and presentations - sometimes with only basic outlines to work from in crafting new correspondence
- Maintain professional, friendly and courteous telephone and written communications with all audiences. We are an organization that is firmly committed to premium customer service.
- Maintain confidentiality as it pertains to personnel, salaries and any sensitive areas, at all times
- Handle questions and requests as related to department programs and functions and keep departmental professional association and journal membership current
- As we continue to grow there is need to provide support for multiple departments. On an as-needed basis, this may periodically require cross-functional training or support.
- Computer skills: word processing, spreadsheets, databases, familiarity and use of Internet/World Wide Web.
- Advanced PowerPoint presentation development skills and other MS Office expertise must be at a very high level.
- Writing skills: memos, letters, data analyses, with proper grammar and spelling.
- Project management skills; ability to organize multiple activities and provide guidance for driving projects to completion
- Willingness to travel 2 or 3 times annually to provide support at key meetings.
- Strongly prefer candidates with significant experience in marketing and/or sales administration in life science industry. Experience in service sector with advertising, public relations or meeting management is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple, simultaneous, complex tasks and to meet deadlines
- Collaboration and ability to be an excellent team member
- Brings a positive mental attitude to daily tasks and becomes a net contributor to overall morale
- A demonstrated willingness to exercise initiative in cases where decisions need to be made and supervisors are not available to consult, coupled with the tact and judgment to do so appropriately
- Demonstrated communication skills, verbal, tact, composure and confidentiality in order to coordinate complex personnel issues, schedules, travel, and logistical projects / programs in and outside of GHI.
- High school diploma required, BA or BS strongly preferred
- Minimum of three years in executive level support, with a consistent track record and accessible references
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Able to prioritize and work towards results with a high emphasis on quality
Travel, Physical/Mental Demands and Work Environment:
Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) is the world's leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address both the overtreatment and optimal treatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. With its Oncotype IQ™ Genomic Intelligence Platform, the company is applying its world-class scientific and commercial expertise and infrastructure to lead the translation of clinical and genomic big data into actionable results for treatment planning throughout the cancer patient journey, from diagnosis to treatment selection and monitoring. The Oncotype IQ portfolio of genomic tests and services currently consists of the company's flagship line of Oncotype DX gene expression tests that have been used to guide treatment decisions for more than 600,000 cancer patients worldwide. Genomic Health is expanding its test portfolio to include additional liquid and tissue-based tests. The company is based in Redwood City, California, with international headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information, please visit, www.GenomicHealth.com and follow the company on Twitter: @GenomicHealth, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We value our employees and consider them an integral part of our company’s growth and success. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees’ work life and personal life needs. To learn more about careers at Genomic Health visit: http://www.genomichealth.com/join_our_team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you want to be part of a team that prides itself in teamwork and developing cutting-edge technology at Genomic Health, apply today!