Agile Coach (Temporary)Apply Job ID 2017-4903 Category Information Technology Job Location Redwood City, CA Posted Date 03/17/2017
As an Agile Coach within our IT PMO organization, you will coach and influence at all levels. Assess scrum maturity of the organization and identify how individual scrum teams can increase their agile maturity level. Serve as a mentor and a coach for scrum teams on Agile/Scrum practices, and ensure that they follow SDLC processes consistently across teams. Coach several teams, in a 6-month period, with a focus on guiding the teams towards improving the way they work
- Work with the IT PMO Director and other leaders to develop a roadmap for Agile transformation and implement the roadmap
- Assess the Agile maturity and skill-growth for teams and provide training and feedback as required
- Design and support full Agile transformation roll-outs.
- Provide Agile Leadership coaching and training to Scrum Masters, Product Owners, functional managers, software development teams and executives.
- Be highly entrepreneurial. Influence executives, leaders, business units, and technology teams on Agile principles, values, how to build, grow, and maintain a thriving agile organization.
- Create, launch, and facilitate Agile collaborative groups, Communities of Practice, and Agile Working Groups.
- Create, build, and deliver customized Agile training.
- Coach teams and management towards improving Agile process and metrics, evaluate and mentor existing Scrum teams, and deliver training classes for product owners, developers, and testers.
- Assist the Product Owners with keeping the product backlog adequately groomed
- Collaborate directly with software and operations teams to coach and guide them on the mechanics of Lean and Agile methods to achieve optimal team effectiveness.
- Deliver hands-on coaching of individual teams in all aspects of scrum and Kanban - daily meetings, planning, self-organization, collaboration, iterative development, managing flow, etc.
- Ensure cross-team coordination and improve team processes
- Encourage the collection and maintenance of relevant metrics that help the team see how they are doing
- Operate independently within established methodologies, procedures, and guidelines
- Identify Agile people, process and technology issues and communicate to appropriate entity during assignment
- Continuously develop potential and existing coaches impacting all levels of the organization.
- Embrace servant leadership and display the behaviors that come with the key mindset shifts associated with Agile methods.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree and/or work experience.
- First or second level Scrum Master certification (e.g. CSM I/II, PSM I/II), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), Enterprise coach (CEC), Team Coach (CTC), or IC-Agile Certified Professional in Agile Coaching (ICP-ACC))
- 5+ years of large-scale Agile coaching experience with methods such as Scrum, Lean, or Kanban.
- Hands-on experience applying lean/Agile methodologies in life sciences, Biotech / Medical Device industry
- Deep knowledge of Agile principles and practices and the ability to transfer that understanding at all levels of the organization.
- Consulting and facilitation skills in leading technical teams in the adoption and improvement of Agile methodologies.
- Senior Agile Leadership skills with an ability to lead by example and challenge command and control behaviors.
- Excellent presentation and training skills.
Key Qualities for Agile Coach:
- You are a natural and skilled coach and mentor
- You understand that developing others is the key to lasting improvements for agile teams
- You are effective at teaching and influencing teams of various maturity levels and receptivity to adopt sound agile / scrum practices.
- You are dedicated to continuous improvement; learning and trying new techniques and tools to manage oneself and the team
- You are passionate about developing innovative technical solutions to meet client needs
- You have a fun side
Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) is the world's leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address both the overtreatment and optimal treatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. With its Oncotype IQ™ Genomic Intelligence Platform, the company is applying its world-class scientific and commercial expertise and infrastructure to lead the translation of clinical and genomic big data into actionable results for treatment planning throughout the cancer patient journey, from diagnosis to treatment selection and monitoring. The Oncotype IQ portfolio of genomic tests and services currently consists of the company's flagship line of Oncotype DX gene expression tests that have been used to guide treatment decisions for more than 600,000 cancer patients worldwide. Genomic Health is expanding its test portfolio to include additional liquid and tissue-based tests. The company is based in Redwood City, California, with international headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information, please visit, www.GenomicHealth.com and follow the company on Twitter: @GenomicHealth, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We value our employees and consider them an integral part of our company’s growth and success. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees’ work life and personal life needs.
To learn more about careers at Genomic Health visit: http://www.genomichealth.com/join_our_team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you want to be part of a team that prides itself in teamwork and developing cutting-edge technology at Genomic Health, apply today!