ORDER INTAKE REPRESENTATIVE (OIR)Apply Job ID 2017-4902 Category Customer Service/Accessioning Job Location Redwood City, CA Posted Date 03/17/2017
The Order Intake Representative is responsible for data entry of fax and online orders for Oncotype DX and for contacting physicians and various other personnel when information on the order form is incomplete or unacceptable.
It is imperative that the Order Intake Representative has a demonstrated ability to work independently, but also function effectively as a member of the GHI team. Attention to detail, accuracy, and ability to focus are imperative qualities.
The Order Intake Representative must possess the ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all individuals, including external customers and other internal GHI personnel. The impressions we create when we interact with those people who seek us out will play a significant role in establishing favorable perceptions of the Company and its products.
- Assign incoming faxes to appropriate personnel or queue.
- Process incoming fax and online orders.
- Create Customer Service cases and set the appropriate follow up date.
- Conduct quality checks to ensure accuracy of data entry.
- Fax requests for specimens to Pathology Accounts.
- Administer activities in pertinent queues.
- Contact physicians and various other medical personnel to obtain information required to complete the order entry process.
- Document all phone calls and follow up activities in our application according to SOPs and the Customer Service Department Policy.
- Provide assistance, information, and education to customers in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Work closely with our reimbursement and billing vendor to coordinate information on payer requirements and benefits as needed.
- Assist in building on existing customer base by providing the highest level of customer service and support.
- Scan requisitions and attach to appropriate requisition in accessioning application.
- Adhere to relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) pertaining to the data entry requirements for accessioning applications.
- Other administrative duties.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills.
- Professional telephone manner.
- Possess strong detail and quality orientation.
- Ability to identify contextual and typographical errors.
- Demonstrate willingness to pitch in as needed.
- Experience following SOPs preferred.
- Flexibility with respect to working hours to accommodate East Coast customers.
- Significant PC knowledge & Windows OS experience.
- Minimum of 2-4 years customer service experience in healthcare/lab or pharmaceutical, industry preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Able to legally perform duties within the United States without restrictions.
- No disqualifications for employment in the US lab industry as determined by the Federal Government.
Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) is the world's leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address both the overtreatment and optimal treatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. With its Oncotype IQ™ Genomic Intelligence Platform, the company is applying its world-class scientific and commercial expertise and infrastructure to lead the translation of clinical and genomic big data into actionable results for treatment planning throughout the cancer patient journey, from diagnosis to treatment selection and monitoring. The Oncotype IQ portfolio of genomic tests and services currently consists of the company's flagship line of Oncotype DX gene expression tests that have been used to guide treatment decisions for more than 600,000 cancer patients worldwide. Genomic Health is expanding its test portfolio to include additional liquid and tissue-based tests. The company is based in Redwood City, California, with international headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information, please visit, www.GenomicHealth.com and follow the company on Twitter: @GenomicHealth, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We value our employees and consider them an integral part of our company’s growth and success. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees’ work life and personal life needs. To learn more about careers at Genomic Health visit: http://www.genomichealth.com/join_our_team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you want to be part of a team that prides itself in teamwork and developing cutting-edge technology at Genomic Health, apply today!