Finance & Accounting InternApply Job ID 2017-4901 Category Internship Job Location Redwood City, CA Posted Date 03/20/2017
Genomic Health's Internship Program gives you the chance to work on a variety of critical business assignments, test your technical and behavioral skills, use your academic knowledge and match your interests to a real job! Our program is intended to provide interns from diverse backgrounds with the opportunity to practice business skills learned in school while gaining real work experience.
As an intern at Genomic Health, you will focus on developing the skills necessary for success by assisting professionals with day-to-day job assignments. You may be assigned to additional training or project work.
There is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in getting the opportunity to work both in the Financial, Planning, and Analysis (FP&A) and General Ledger Accounting teams. The FP&A team manages and coordinates Genomic Health's planning (e.g. forecasting and budgeting), financial performance analysis, and special projects. The GL Accounting Team is responsible for the integrity of the Company’s financials in accordance with General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Assist in various aspects of the monthly and quarterly close processes, including preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Sort and match wire confirmations to payment packages.
- Assist in transitioning reporting from Great Plains to Netsuite
- Prepare the month-end journal entry and reconciliations binders.
- Assist with the quarter-end review by our external auditor by preparing schedules and providing support for audit selections.
- Assist with the quarter-end SOX review by preparing schedules and providing support for audit selections.
- Assist Accounts Payable team in organizational efforts and timely payments.
- File and organize accounting work papers.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as they arise.
- Assist with automation of monthly financial reports, including trend and variance explanations.
- Pull data from multiple systems to produce requested analyses.
- Build and maintain business and financial models.
- Provide financial information on an as-needed basis to cross-functional teams.
- Assist with spend and budget analysis for department heads and project teams.
- Create and modify slides for business meetings.
- Update system to create alternate views of existing data.
- Create system documentation for new processes and reports they create/automate.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as they arise.
- College student pursuing an undergraduate in accounting or finance related degree (BS/BA).
- Demonstrated leadership, collaboration and teamwork experience through work / school related activities.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to manage large quantities of data.
- Ability to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
- Independent, energetic and desires to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid computer skills in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word.
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) is the world's leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address both the overtreatment and optimal treatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. With its Oncotype IQ™ Genomic Intelligence Platform, the company is applying its world-class scientific and commercial expertise and infrastructure to lead the translation of clinical and genomic big data into actionable results for treatment planning throughout the cancer patient journey, from diagnosis to treatment selection and monitoring. The Oncotype IQ portfolio of genomic tests and services currently consists of the company's flagship line of Oncotype DX gene expression tests that have been used to guide treatment decisions for more than 600,000 cancer patients worldwide. Genomic Health is expanding its test portfolio to include additional liquid and tissue-based tests. The company is based in Redwood City, California, with international headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information, please visit, www.GenomicHealth.com and follow the company on Twitter: @GenomicHealth, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We value our employees and consider them an integral part of our company’s growth and success. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees’ work life and personal life needs.
To learn more about careers at Genomic Health visit: http://www.genomichealth.com/join_our_team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you want to be part of a team that prides itself in teamwork and developing cutting-edge technology at Genomic Health, apply today!