Software Engineering Operations InternApply Job ID 2017-4856 Category Internship Job Location Redwood City, CA Posted Date 03/07/2017
This position will be responsible for helping to maintain the health of Genomic Health’s Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS), ensuring that the TFS system is working properly and that important Team Foundation Server components are appropriately structured and maintained. This includes but is not limited to performing daily health checks on the Team Foundation Environment, maintaining and enhancing TFS Projects and teams, working with the Team lead to improve and optimize TFS projects, TFS teams, and TFS permission configuration. Working with the team lead to help improve and maintain TFS work items such as bug tracking, queries, and requirements management. Working with the team lead and cross functionally to improve use of TFS’s build, testing, and source control configuration. Additional responsibilities include helping to define, operationalize, improve, mature and automate Application Lifecyle software management processes to achieve more reliability and effectiveness.
- Help maintain the health of Genomic Health’s Microsoft Team Foundation Server by performing daily operational tasks, such as health checks on the TFS environment, and adjusting the configuration of TFS work items such as bugs, user stories, or tasks.
- Performing and helping to maintain TFS team configuration and help to maintain membership of individuals and groups within in a team.
- Working with the team lead on projects to optimize the TFS permission structure.
- Help to define, operationalize, improve, and mature Genomic Health’s Application Lifecyle management process by helping to automate software management processes to achieve more reliability and effectiveness
- Participating in meetings to help provide guidance on order of operation, dependencies, best practices and alternative workarounds where necessary.
- Participating as needed in Scrum meetings (e.g. daily standups) and other project meetings to provide status updates on critical TFS activities as required.
- Identify opportunities for leveraging common tools, infrastructure and solutions across functional areas.
- Attending or recent graduate of an accredited university with a degree or degree objective in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Interest or experience with Application Lifecycle Management patterns and best practices and tools
- Interest or experience working in an environment with multiple parallel projects and sprints
- Interest or experience with maintaining TFS, GIT Perforce repositories, branching, merging, tagging
- Exposure to Java, .Net programming languages
- Experience building software
- Experience on interest in continuous integration solutions (e.g. CruiseControl, Jenkins, or TFS)
- Experience or interest in ALM patterns and best practices
- Experience or interest with working with geographically distributed and culturally diverse work group
- Experience or interest in working closely with business analysts, developers, QA testers, project & program management
Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) is the world's leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address both the overtreatment and optimal treatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. With its Oncotype IQ™ Genomic Intelligence Platform, the company is applying its world-class scientific and commercial expertise and infrastructure to lead the translation of clinical and genomic big data into actionable results for treatment planning throughout the cancer patient journey, from diagnosis to treatment selection and monitoring. The Oncotype IQ portfolio of genomic tests and services currently consists of the company's flagship line of Oncotype DX gene expression tests that have been used to guide treatment decisions for more than 600,000 cancer patients worldwide. Genomic Health is expanding its test portfolio to include additional liquid and tissue-based tests. The company is based in Redwood City, California, with international headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information, please visit, www.GenomicHealth.com and follow the company on Twitter:@GenomicHealth, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We value our employees and consider them an integral part of our company’s growth and success. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees’ work life and personal life needs. To learn more about careers at Genomic Health visit: http://www.genomichealth.com/join_our_team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
About Information Technology
Our Information Technology (IT) team designs, deploys, and supports state-of-the-art systems solutions that enable every aspect of Genomic Health’s operations. We value a systematic, data-driven approach to understanding and meeting business needs in a cost-effective and timely manner. The team has a wide variety of responsibilities, including Infrastructure Services, DevOps, Enterprise Architecture, Software Engineering, Quality Engineering, Enterprise Business Applications, Support Services, and Security. As a member of this dynamic and collaborative team, you'll work to help architect, configure, and integrate cloud solutions, data warehouse and analytics frameworks, and next generation sequencing applications that have revolutionized the application of genomics to the development of advanced cancer diagnostic tools. Our IT team rewards innovation and development, and prides itself on always looking into the future of technology – all to facilitate the development and distribution of our Oncotype DX® genomic tests for personalizing cancer treatment decisions.
If you want to be part of a team that prides itself in teamwork and developing cutting-edge technology at Genomic Health, apply today!